We usually store all our contacts in our phone. Whenever you purchase a new phone, it becomes essential to transfer all you contacts to the other device. You also require taking back up of your contacts and other data and therefore it is important for all users to know how to back up data. Whatever the reason be let us find out how it is done.
This article will help you discover two methods of transferring your contacts from your old BlackBerry to your iPhone and from your BlackBerry 10 to your iPhone. Another method curtails transferring of contacts from your BlackBerry Z10 by using a transfer app.
BlackBerry to iPhone
Transferring your contacts from your old BlackBerry phone is made easy with by using the Desktop software app. All you need to do is connect your BlackBerry to your PC and launch the software.
Device->Backup, now the process of backing up your phone begins including your contacts.
As soon as the process finishes, your data including your contacts are now copied in your PC. Now hook up your iPhone to your PC and start up iTunes. Select Info-> Sync Contacts.
This is the second method of transferring your contacts. You can choose Google Sync for a smoother process. The advantage that you get is that you will be able to access your Google account from any device.
• To download the Google sync app from your BlackBerry go to m.google.com/sync and follow the command prompt
• Launch the app and login with your ID and password; you can use your Gmail login details here. If you do not have an account yet then set up a Gmail account to proceed further.
• Select the option of Sync Now; this will automatically copy all your contacts to your Gmail account.
• In your iPhone Settings->Mail, Calendars, Contacts-> Add Account-> Microsoft Exchange. Remember to enter your e-mail account here for the Exchange Account to enable the synchronizing process.
• In the e-mail and username fields, enter your Gmail ID and click Next.
• Scroll down to locate Server and enter m.google.com.
• Set Yes as option to Contacts and Calendars for synchronization. After the process is complete, your contacts will now appear on your iPhone as well as your Gmail account. You can access it from anywhere and from any device.
BlackBerry 10 to iPhone
If for any reason you are not able to transfer your contacts then it might be because the phone did not come bundled with sufficient software. Another reason might be that the inbuilt BlackBerry Link did not work well for performing the desired task.
There is another way of transferring your contacts via software like inTouch. This software comes handy for BlackBerry Z10. This app is available on BlackBerry World where you can upload your contact list and install it on another device. This app is compatible with Android, iOS and older versions of Nokia. For your desktop you can download the beta version.
The only limitation of this app is that you can directly access your contacts rather than synchronize it with contacts app. It seems to be more like a Dropbox kind of app that is used for transferring contacts.
Following steps can be applied for using this app:
• Download and install inTouch app
• Follow the instructions
• Create an account and register by filling up your details like your name, mobile number and e-mail. Create a username and a password and then click Register
• After being registered, the process of copying your contacts from your BlackBerry will begin
• You can install the app on your other Smartphone or device for accessing them from any location. Update the account so that you are able to synchronize it across your devices.
Applying the above-mentioned two methods will help you in easy transition of your contacts from BlackBerry to your iPhone.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7768229